Send the following three items to Kelly Malone (email@example.com)
- A letter, addressed to the ESGP Director, requesting to join ESGP explaining the environmental and interdisciplinary components of your research
- A letter from your department chair, addressed to the ESGP Director, supporting your request for affiliation with ESGP
- Your CV
Getting Students to Join You
- Admitted students (students who have a committed advisor) will be invited to a recruitment weekend with other admitted students (ESGP will reimburse for travel costs up to $500)
- Contact students directly to discuss fit and research interest
- Contact ESGP program coordinator to request more applicant info including admissions decision
Support for Student Travel
- Up to $500 per fiscal year for student travel to present research at professional/scientific conferences (contingent upon budget)
- One year (AU & SP) of GA support for ESGP accepted students. Faculty are expected to provide a year for MS students and the remaining years for PhD students.
- Opportunity to participate in fellowship competition for ESGP students at the University (University Fellowship), College (OARDC) and Program level (Fay Fellowship) for qualified applicants
- Opportunity to have your course approved as an ESGP core
- Join an ESGP Specialization faculty group
- Access to high quality graduate students of diverse backgrounds
- Interdisciplinary training for graduate students
- Meaningful interdisciplinary collaboration with other faculty from across OSU colleges
- Additional resources for home department and research program in the form of fellowships, Graduate Associate support and course credits
- Serve as a Chair of your ESGP graduate student’s committee in last 5-years
- Serve on the ESGP Graduate Studies Committee in the last 5-years
- Teach an ESGP Core Course in the last academic year AND serve as a committee member for an ESGP student in the last 5-years
Adding A Course to Core Curriculum
All ESGP Core Courses must be nominated and voted on by the GSC before they qualify and can be added to the course listing. If you have a course you would like to nominate to become part of the core curriculum, there are a few simple steps.
The following materials can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An extended copy of the course syllabus, including when it will be offered.
- Which core it would fit under (Biological, Physical or Social Sciences).
- A short letter addressed to the department's GSC explaining why the course would benefit ESGP students/should be added.